Brief History of WATICO CHPS COMPOUND
The interim council established by colleges of Education Act 847 and Management of Wiawso College of Education under the able leadership of Mrs. Georgina Lartey in the year 2005 – 2014 with support from Nana Kwame Amoateng Nyame Sefwi Wiawso Anglican Diocese of Wiawso founded this CHPS Compound in the year 2013 and was unveiled and blessed by RT. Rev. Abraham Kobina Ackah (Bishop, Anglican Diocese, Sefwi Wiawso on Friday 23rd May, 2014. The CHPS Compound is located at the Assembly Hall within Wiawso College of Education.
The facility started with a Committee Namely
- Madam Josephine Gyan (Formal CHPS Compound Coordinator)
- Cromwell Darko Joshua ( College Procurement Officer)
- James Aggrey (College Store Keeper)
- The late Amaning Ampong (H.O.D P.E)
The above named mentioned are the core members of establishing the facility in the year 2012. This committee solicited for fund from many organizations and Institutions to support them in the establishment of the facility. Nana Kwame Amoateng Nyame he is a native of Sefwi Wiawso and also Dwantoa Hene of Sefwi Wiawso Traditional Council in the Western North Region.
Nana Kwame Amoateng Nyame donated items which could be used to operate the facility eg. Hospital Beds, Examination Beds, Personal Protective Cloths, Drip Stands etc. The motive behind this facility is to take good health of the students and it catchments areas which include: Kesekrom, New Adiembra, Aboboyaa, Old Adiembra and Susumenetee.
NANA KWAME AMOATENG NYAME (DWANTOA HENE) Sefwi Wiawso Traditional Council
JOSEPHINE GYAN CHPS Compound Coordinator
WATICO CHPS Compound has four different units which enable the facility to run. The units are;
- OPD section (outpatient department)
- Consulting room
Watico CHPS Compound is GRADE B (QUASI-GOVERNMENT) Prescribing Level A drugs (meaning we have limit to certain level of drugs to dispense, so not all drugs are dispensed by the CHPS compound level. So conditions beyond the CHPS standard are referred to the Municipal Hospital for further treatment).
Student will not pay for the treatment for the first four consultations / Visit the facility. Subsequent visit to the facility will attract a fee or a top up for drugs and payment of drugs which are not covered by the National Health Insurance Card.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- A student must have a valid or active National health insurance card
- Wait for nurses at the OPD section for the preparation of claim form before going to consulting room for treatment.
NB: Invalid National Health Insurance Card will be treated as private patient or non-insured patient (meaning you are going to pay for services rendered). Because in your admission letter it has been stated clearly that, a student must have valid NHIS card.
- Sick students are to go for treatment early in the morning before going for lectures.
Students who are referred to the Municipal Hospital for treatment must meet the following requirements.
- Visit the College CHPS Compound for referral note
- Student must see the Vice Principal for Authorization
- Report back to Vice Principal from the hospital.
- Report to the nurse in-charge at the facility when discharged from Hospital
We have one nurse staying on campus. he is in-charge for emergency cases.
- We start work exactly 7:15 am to 4:00 pm. From Monday to Friday.
- Saturday from 9:00am to 12:00 pm.